Our Historic houses
Monmouth County Historical Association also has five historic house museums throughout the county. The historic houses are open from May through September with a set schedule that gets posted on our website and our social media accounts.
Come visit us during the summer and enjoy many events, programs, and activities we always have! You can also visit our historic houses during the off season. Contact Pati Githens at email@example.com or (732) 462-1466 x 11
Welcome to the Allen House!
MCHA has chosen to furnish the building as a tavern to reflect its 18th century reputation as the Blue Ball Tavern when it served as the very popular and “most noted tavern in Shrewsbury.”
Welcome to the Covenhoven House!
This historic Freehold, NJ, house, built in 1752-53, was acquired by the Monmouth County Historical Association in 1966 and restored between 1968 and 1970. It is furnished to reflect a 1790 inventory from William Covenhoven’s estate, and includes many furnishings that a successful Monmouth County farm family might have had at that time.
Holmes Hendrickson House
Welcome to the Holmes-Hendrickson House!
This uniquely well-preserved structure with wide flaring eaves is set in the Pleasant Valley section of Holmdel, NJ, abutting Holmdel Park & Longstreet Farm. Built in 1754, it is a combination of Georgian and Dutch vernacular architecture that borrowed elements from both Dutch and English cultures.
Welcome to the Marlpit Hall!
While four of the five historical houses owned by Monmouth County Historical Association have ties to Patriots of the American Revolution, this house represents the residence of a Loyalist family. Both the structure and the site are rich in historical significance.
Welcome to the Taylor-Butler House!
While four of the five historical houses owned by Monmouth County Historical Association have ties to the Revolutionary War, this house represents the Civil War era.